Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Executive assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an executive assistant, or download the executive assistant cover letter template in Word.
As an executive assistant, you’re someone’s right hand. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top executive assistant jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an executive assistant, or download the executive assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn more about administrative careers and search for executive assistant jobs on Monster.
Executive assistant cover letter template
Sometown, CO 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Ms. Sarah Smith
800 12th Ave.
Sometown, CO 55555
Re: Executive Assistant | Job Ref. #55555 | Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
Many people view executive assistants as glorified secretaries, and while there’s nothing wrong with secretarial work, my view of this position is different. Yes, I perform secretarial tasks (quite well!), but I see my role as a key business partner¾vital to the success of the executive team, department and company.
I am your secret weapon, working diligently to ensure goals are met and daily operations run smoothly.
For the past five years, I have served as executive assistant to the regional VP of a major insurance company. Previously during my employment with a regional credit union, I rapidly advanced through roles as an office assistant and secretary to become executive assistant to the SVP of HR.
These experiences allow me to wear the many “hats” required to be a value-adding executive assistant. I’ve earned repeated accolades for my strengths in…
- Managing multiple high-priority projects with competing deadlines
- Creating reports, spreadsheets, budgets and PowerPoint presentations
- Coordinating executive travel, schedules and calendars
- Handling sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Planning and overseeing logistics for meetings, tradeshows and events
- Assisting with payroll, new-hire orientation, benefits enrollment and other HR functions
My qualifications are reinforced by credentials that include an AA in business; an in-progress BA in HR administration; and an advanced command of MS Office, SAP and Oracle.
You may reach me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.